Project: Week 11 - Broken
For the theme of "Broken", I had several different ideas swirling around my mind - a smashed egg, a shattered plate or maybe a crushed biscuit - but I didn't seem to have the motivation to start developing any of those concepts further. If something doesn't really grab my attention, I'm unlikely to run with it. However, I realised that I needed to start sorting myself out as I was falling further and further behind with this project. I concentrated more on what would make for an interesting image and given that Easter is right around the corner, that seemed like a good place to start. That meant using eggs in an image yet again. OK, I admit it, I may have an egg obsession!
So I took myself off to the local supermarket and bought half a dozen chocolate eggs along with half a dozen hen's eggs from The Happy Egg Co. I picked that company because I particularly wanted to utilise their box in my shot. With the general concept sorted, I started to tweak the arrangement and play with the different elements of the set. Finally, everything came together just as I had hoped and I'm very pleased with the finished product. I'd certainly be happy to open my eggbox and find these inside!
Here’s the finished image for Week 11.